YSU Home | About YSU | Admissions | Faculty and Staff | News | Calendars | A-Z Index
One University PlazaYoungstown, OH 44555 Dan Kuzma, Manager Phone: 330.941.2294 Fax: 330.941.2325 Email: djkuzma AT ysu DOT edu
RecycleMania Competition 2015!
The competition begins February 1 - March 28! YSU can win, but every Penguin on campus needs to do their part by recycling on campus - not just during the competition period! Click on the RecycleMania logo above to learn more and see all of the colleges and universities that YSU will be competing against!
2015 PROGRAM GOALS
- Divert 850 tons of recyclable, reusable, and compostable materials from the landfill.
- Achieve a 70% waste diversion rate (% of waste recovered for recycling, reuse, and composting).
- Increase finished compost product for distribution to local urban farms.
- Create a strategy to increase efficiency in food waste composting program during Winter months.
- Consolidate waste receptacles and recycling bins to create "waste stations" and replace old lids with new single-stream recycling lids.
- Increase campus awareness of available recycling opportunities through creative events and promotions.
- Extend environmental education outreach to local schools and the community.
PREVIOUS YEARS ACHIEVEMENTS
Recyclable, Reusable and Compostable Materials Diverted From Landfill:
2013 Waste Diversion rate: 62%
- 2013: 803 tons
- 2012: 751 tons
- 2011: 732 tons
- 2010: 699 tons
- 2009: 675 tons
- 2008: 600 tons
- 2007: 565 tons
- 2006: 505 tons
- 2005: 414 tons
- 2004: 377 tons
The YSU Recycling Program • Phone: 330.941.2294
© 2012 -
Youngstown State University • One University Plaza • Youngstown, Ohio 44555
Admissions: 330.941.2000 • Graduate Admissions: 330.941.3091 • General Information: 330.941.3000