YSU Home | About YSU | Admissions | Faculty and Staff | News | Calendars | A-Z Index
One University PlazaYoungstown, OH 44555 Dan Kuzma, Manager Phone: 330.941.2294 Fax: 330.941.2325 Email: djkuzma AT ysu DOT edu
YSU Places 30th in RecycleMania Competition!
Click on the RecycleMania logo above to see all of the Final Results under Competition Division!
Grand Champion Category: Thank you for your participation and helping YSU rank 30th out of 256 colleges and universities across the country!
2014 PROGRAM GOALS
- Divert 850 tons of recyclable, reusable, and compostable materials from the landfill.
- Achieve a 65% waste diversion rate (% of waste recovered for recycling, reuse, and composting).
- Increase finished compost product for distribution on campus landscaping.
- Reduce contamination (ex. straws, serviceware, food packaging, etc.) from post-consumer composting collection at Christman.
- Consolidate waste receptacles and recycling bins to create "waste stations."
- Increase campus awareness of available recycling opportunities through creative events and promotions.
- Extend environmental education outreach to local schools and the community.
PREVIOUS YEARS ACHIEVEMENTS
Recyclable, Reusable and Compostable Materials Diverted From Landfill:
2013 Waste Diversion rate: 62%
- 2013: 803 tons
- 2012: 751 tons
- 2011: 732 tons
- 2010: 699 tons
- 2009: 675 tons
- 2008: 600 tons
- 2007: 565 tons
- 2006: 505 tons
- 2005: 414 tons
- 2004: 377 tons
The YSU Recycling Program • Phone: 330.941.2294
© 2012 -
Youngstown State University • One University Plaza • Youngstown, Ohio 44555
Admissions: 330.941.2000 • Graduate Admissions: 330.941.3091 • General Information: 330.941.3000