Student Tutorial Services
To sign up for free tutoring all you need to do is click here and follow the easy step-by-step instructions. You need to be on a YSU computer. If you need additional assistance, stop at the Center for Student Progress/Tutorial Services Monday - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm; Tuesday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm, or call 330/941-7253
We now have eTutoring!!
Click on the link http://www.etutoring.org/
1. Click on the RED triangle that says
2. In the popup box, select
Ohio eTutoring Collaborative
3. Click on the drop-down menu
Select Your Institution and scroll down toYSU!!
2012-2013 PEER TUTORS
Student Tutorial Services provides support for your academic success by offering:
Free tutoring for courses such as:
As well as:
- Regularly scheduled and individual group sessions
- Independent study materials
- Computer-assisted instruction
- Review sessions for exams
When to Seek Tutoring
- If you are not completely satisfied with your progress
- If your understanding of concepts is fuzzy
- If you need practice in organizing information
- If you need reinforcement to improve your confidence
- If you need help in developing a good problem-solving strategy
- If you would like another point of view or another explanation of the major concepts
- If it helps you to verbalize and talk out concepts
- If you would like help in reviewing for exams
What Not to Do
- Wait too long to ask for help
- Expect problems to clear up quickly with no work
- Ask the tutor to do your work
Are you currently enrolled at YSU with at least 1 semester completed? Do you have a minimum GPA of 3.0? Do you have excellent communication skills and a desire to help others? The Center for Student Progress is accepting applications for Peer Tutors in all subjects for the fall 2013 semester. Please click on the links below for the job description and application. The deadline to apply is June 1, 2013.
If you are interested in becoming a CSP tutor, please click on the
job description and the position application.
*The Center for Student Progress (CSP) is located below the YSU bookstore in Kilcawley Center.
Click here to see the Spring 2013 GPA Summary Report
Click here to see the Spring 2013 DFW Report
Click here to see the Spring 2013 Re-enrollment Summary Report