Process for applying for the Undergraduate Orientation fee waiver:
Beginning for the Fall 2009 term, new undergraduate students (excludes formers and transfers) who are veterans or hold current military status, are encouraged to apply for a waiver of the current undergraduate orientation/matriculation (SOAR) fee. (See Undergraduate Bulletin.)
(Does not apply to spouses or dependents of veterans or current military personnel - chapter 35)
To receive the waiver you must:
- Identify yourself at check-in on your orientation day as holding veteran or current military status.
STOP: If your current military documentation is on file with the Office of Veterans Affairs, take no further action to receive this waiver. Call 330-941-2503, or veterans AT ysu DOT edu to request verification.
- Within 5 days of the Office of Veteran Affairs receiving notice of you completing orientation, bring documentation verifying your military status to the Office of Veteran Affairs in Tod Hall, room 310A.
You may also do this prior to your orientation date and your name will be crossed referenced with the orientation check-in list.
You may also leave your documents with the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs, Tod Hall, room 141
- Upon verification of your military documentation, your name will be withheld from Orientation billing. (214, Orders, NOBE, Letter from CO, etc.)
- If for any reason your documentation does not qualify you for the waiver, a good faith effort will be made to contact you so that you may resubmit the proper documentation. However, any delay that carries you over the 5 days from the notice of you completing orientation may result in you being assessed and responsible for payment of the orientation fee. For this reason, be sure to present your documents as soon as possible and that your contact information is current.
- If you do not present correct documentation verifying your military status to the Office of Veterans Affairs within 5 days of completing Orientation (SOAR), and this documentation is not on file with the Office of Veterans Affairs, the office of Student Accounts will be notified and you will be billed the current Orientation/Matriculation fee listed in the Undergraduate Bulletin at the time of your enrollment.