Gatlin Education Services
YSU Metro College, in partnership with Gatlin Education Services (GES), offers online open enrollment programs designed to provide the skills necessary to acquire professional caliber positions for many in-demand occupations.
These career training and certification programs are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field, who work with an existing textbook or base of material to provide the most effective web-based learning experience. Instructors/mentors are actively involved in the students' online learning experience. They respond to any questions or concerns as well as encouraging and motivation students to succeed.
Each program has a set of lessons and tests; grades are a combination of computer-graded tests and the instructor/mentor's evaluation of the students' work. Students love the quality as well as the convenience of anytime, anywhere learning.
See courses offered in partnership with Gatlin Education Services
Many additional online courses are offered through YSU Metro College's partnership with Ed2Go. These courses cover a diverse range of subjects such as computer and internet, writing and publishing, entertainment industry careers, sales and marketing, test preparation, law and legal careers, healthcare, personal enrichment and more.
See courses offered in partnership with Ed2Go
Insurance On-Line Self Study Pre-Licensure Program
Greetings prospective insurance students! Metro College of Youngstown State University in cooperation with ExamFX is offering an on-line insurance, self study pre-licensure program. This program will allow you to take one or all of the courses required to sit for the State of Ohio Insurance Licensing Examination.
Available courses are:
- Life and Variable
- Accident and Health
Course fees are:
- ExamFX Advantage Package Light: Property and Casualty: $194.95
- This complete online study package (see the ExamFX Standard Package description below) Online Video Instruction, Online Flash Cards, ListenUP! MP3, a print copy of our Study Pass Guide and a Tip Sheet for quick review.
- ExamFX Flex package: Property and Causualty: $149.95
- The complete Online Study Package, Online Video Instruction, Online Flash Cards and ListenUP! MP3 audio files.
- ExamFX Standard Package: $129.95
- Complete Online Study Package including: Online Reading Material, Video Chapter Introductions, Summaries, Practice Questions, End-of-Chapter Quizzes, Pop-up Glossary Terms, Simulated Exams, the Guarentee Exam and Instructor Support.
Through this site you will connect to ExamFX to register for your courses. After registering you will receive an INS3055 form which you will need to sign and return to the YSU Metro College immediately. Then you will receive login information, a completed copy of the INS3055 form and an Ohio Department of Insurance – Licensing Information Bulletin which is designed to augment your ExamFX - Insurance training materials.
Once you complete the on-line insurance training, you must come to the Metro College to take a proctored simulated exam. The simulated exam is required as a part of the on-line self-study program. Upon successful completion of the proctored simulated exam, you will receive a Course Completion Certificate enabling you to be eligible to sit for the State of Ohio Insurance Licensing Exam.
TO REGISTER CLICK ON THIS LINK: www.examfx.com/default.aspx?OrganizationID=R0F4552-FFC12 .