“The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life
is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible.”
Richard M. Devos
How to prepare for a job search?
Create a resume
Create a cover letter
Make an appointment with a Career Coordinator to review your professional documents
Job Search Resources:
Recources by Industry
Art, Entertainment and Sports
General and Local Job Listings
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
Job Search Strategies
• Stay Positive - realize finding a job takes time.
• Verify all your documents are impeccable.
• Format your resume and cover letter to match each job you apply for.
• Practice interviewing (schedule a mock interview with a Career Counselor).
• Identify answers to some of the more popular questions asked.
• Be able to provide what sets you apart from other candidates applying for the job.
• Don’t give up!