I. Search Engines available and funded through OGSP.
A. YSU faculty/staff have free access to regular, monthly e-issues of: “The Grants Advisor Plus”
Search by clicking on your desired Subject area (Deadline Hyperlinks).
B. OR, try your "search" by using these two database resources below: SPIN and GENIUS/SMARTS.
These two sources are available at the “InfoED” website: Go to www.infoed.org.
1. SPIN Search. Click on SPIN (leftmost icon). Use Keywords on the left to do a "Quick Search".
Use the “Automatic Notification” feature (shown on the right side). OR,
2. GENIUS/SMARTS. Create a Profile to receive automatic e-mail notices, to be sent to you.
Based on your research interests, be selective and use specific keywords to narrow your search.
Click on “Create a New Profile”. Then, use drop-down menu to “Select” YSU. (You will receive a Password in a few days.)
II. State Opportunities and Programs:
1. Ohio Department of Education
Go to the tab labeled “Finance,” then drop down menu and select "Grants".
2. Ohio Board of Regents: http://www.ohiohighered.org/ Go to center section labeled "Educators", click on:
"Grant Resources and RFPs". Then, scroll down - to "Grant Opportunities"
3. Ohio Department of Development (ODOD): development.ohio.gov
- now known as, the Ohio Development Services Agency (ODSA)
4. Ohio Third Frontier: go to their home page: http://www.thirdfrontier.com/
Then, click on the tab labeled “Programs”.
III. Federal Opportunities and Links:
1. The Federal Register - http://www.gpoaccess.gov/fr/
2. CFDA (Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance):
Then, go to center section labeled: “Search for Assistance Programs (HTML)
Then, “Browse” by either agency or keywords.
3. National Science Foundation: www.nsf.gov (go to their "Funding" tab).
Please see "NSF" under this OGSP website, page: "Grant Proposal Development and Submission".
4. National Institutes of Health: www.nih.gov (Grants and Funding Opportunities)
5. U. S. Dept. Education: go to this link (on left side of their page)
“Grants and Contracts”
6. Detailed list of most Federal agencies is available from NCURA (National Council of University Research Administrators"):
Go to this NCURA link and click on "Resources/Research Funding Agencies".
IV. Private Foundations:
* Many foundation proposals are not processed through OGSP. They are handled by the YSU Development Office. That office has its own separate pre-approval and clearance process. As appropriate, contact OGSP. Guidance: Grant v. Gift
1. Local and Regional Foundations: some guidance --
- CFMV (Community Foundation of Mahoning Valley)
- Wean Fndn (Raymond J. Wean Foundation
- Youngstown Foundation
2. Foundation Center: One excellent source for grant opportunities from private foundations. Go to their website: http://foundationcenter.org
Go to their Tab at the top: “Gain Knowledge" and drop down the menu to "Philanthropy News Digest” (PND).
Click HERE: http://foundationcenter.org/pnd/
Then pick from these choices:
Go to "RFPs" (top left). Search by Category (discipline or topic) or use keywords.
"Add your email" address to receive RFP Bulletins automatically. (page, lower left).