- Sound the fire alarm to evacuate the building if deadly fumes are present.
- Contact YSU Police at (330)941-3527 or by dialing 911 from a campus phone.
- Give YSU Police a complete description of the incident. Describe the type of accident: fire, explosion, chemical spill, leaking drum. If the incident is a chemical spill, and you know the name of the chemical, inform YSU Police.
- Identify the building where the incident occurred and the room number or location of the incident.
- If the incident involves a chemical spill give the approximate amount of the spill.
- Give your name and the telephone number from which you are calling.
- Note any injuries: Are you or anyone else in the building injured? Tell YSU Police of the injuries.
- Don’t hang up until told to do so by the dispatcher.
- At a safe distance, await the arrival of YSU Police. Provide any additional information that they may require.