Please contact: Mary Beth DeLuco
Office of Undergraduate Admissions at (330) 941-3426
Academic Advisement Questions:
Please contact one of the advisors in:
Division of Academic Advising DeBartolo Hall, Room 121/122
College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at (330) 941-3413
Book Voucher Issues:
Please contact: Lisa Schiavi
Office of Financial Aid at (330) 941-2372 in Meshel Hall
Freshman/Sophomore: 3.5 GPA & 28 ACT/1260 SAT & Engl 1550 placement
Junior/Senior: 3.3 GPA & 23 ACT/1070 SAT & Engl 1550 placement
Students interested in taking Calculus at YSU may do so if they have an ACT math subscore of 27 or higher / SAT math subscore of 610 or higher. If you do not meet this criteria you may take YSU’s Compass Math Placement exam, please contact the Comprehensive Testing Center at 330-941-1343.
Advisement for SB140/EAOP:
All SB140/EAOP students must meet with an academic advisor in the Division of Academic Advising, DeBartolo Hall, Room 121/122 before registering for courses.
Things to remember as you meet with your advisor:
- You MUST have an updated educational plan signed by your guidance counselor. YSU’s advisors cannot approve any courses unless your guidance counselor has given clearance.
- Freshman, sophomores, & juniors can only take one class per semester.
- Seniors are allowed to take 1 to 13 semester hours per semester.
- You cannot exceed the Carnegie units for your high school. This includes courses taken at the high school plus YSU Carnegie equivalencies.
- SB140/EAOP students cannot get overrides for closed classes.
- SB140 students cannot withdraw from courses after the 100% refund period.
- You can only take courses from the Handbook of Selected Courses for Early Admissions Student (red booklet).
SB140/EAOP student are considered YSU students, but some restrictions apply due to the nature of the program.
- *NEW* Students are responsible for paying the transportation fee each term if they are enrolled for at least 6sh
- *NEW* Students should order a parking permit via the MyYSU Portal each semester they are enrolled (if you are enrolled in LESS than 6sh during the term you must pay $115.00; if you are enrolled 6sh or greater you do not have to pay an additional fee)
- Students may use the Andrews Wellness & Recreation Center during the semester(s) they are enrolled subject to Andrews Wellness & Recreation Center policy.
- Students may not be employed on-campus.
- Students are encouraged to participate in extra-curriculuar activities at YSU but cannot participate in collegiate athletics, Greek Life, or study abroad.
SB140/EAOP students who plan to attend YSU after high-school graduation should apply using the YSU application provided by the advisors (not the online application). Please request an application in the Division of Academic Advising. Although SB140/EAOP students have attended classes at YSU they must register for and participate in YSU's orientation program EARLY-SOAR (held in March) or SOAR (held in June, July, & August). Students are encouraged to apply to YSU early and attend EARLY-SOAR in March.
SB140/EAOP students who plan to attend college at another University can request official transcripts from YSU's Records Office in Jones Hall, Room 1013.