Students can earn both high school and college credit via YSU's College Credit Plus Program (formerly known as SB140).
Please contact the College Credit Plus Office.
College Credit Plus Orientation Program:
All incoming college credit plus (CCP) students must attend an orientation through the College Credit Plus Office. Please contact them at 330-941-2447 or visit their website.
College credit plus students who plan to earn credit by attending courses on-campus must first attend an orientation through the College Credit Plus office. Once students are enrolled in courses they must meet with an advisor in their college for each subsequent term of enrollment.
Current Liberal Arts & Social Sciences CCP on-campus students should schedule an appointment with the following person:
|Last name begins with
||Advisor phone number
||lapaul AT ysu DOT edu
||jifelix AT ysu DOT edu
Purchasing books for your college courses:
Please contact: College Credit Plus at 330-941-2447.
Things to remember as you meet with your advisor:
- You MUST have an updated educational plan signed by your guidance counselor. YSU’s advisors will not approve courses until an updated educational plan has been provided by your school.
- You cannot exceed the Carnegie units for your high school. This includes courses taken at the high school plus YSU Carnegie equivalencies.
- CCP students cannot get overrides for closed classes.
- Students are responsible for paying the transportation fee each term if they are enrolled for at least 6sh on-campus.
- Students should order a parking permit via the MyYSU Portal each semester they are enrolled (if you are enrolled in LESS than 6sh during the term you must pay $115.00; if you are enrolled 6sh or greater you do not have to pay an additional fee)
- Students may use the Andrews Wellness & Recreation Center during the semester(s) they are enrolled subject to Andrews Wellness & Recreation Center policy.
- Students may not be employed on-campus.
- Students are encouraged to participate in extra-curriculuar activities at YSU but cannot participate in collegiate athletics, Greek Life, or study abroad.
College Credit Plus (CCP) students who plan to apply to Youngstown State University after high school should apply to the University and indicate that they have earned college credit. Although CCP students have attended classes at YSU they must register for and participate in YSU's orientation program EARLY-SOAR (held in February/March) or SOAR (held in June, July, & August). Students are encouraged to apply to YSU early and attend EARLY-SOAR.
CCP students who plan to attend college at another University can request official transcripts via their MyYSU Portal or YSU's Records Office in Jones Hall, Room 1013.