All respiratory care applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Regular admission requires an unrecalculated cumulative undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Current state license as a respiratory care practitioner
- National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) professional RRT (advanced practitioner) credential
- Membership in the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) in order to access data/projects that will be needed in academic coursework
- An (optional) personal interview and/or additional information as requested by the program’s admission committee.
Note: Students not meeting regular admission requirements may be provisionally admitted. See the Graduate
Bulletin under Provisional Admission.
Applicants must submit the following items to the School of Graduate Studies and Research:
- Official transcripts from each college or institution of higher learning attended (other than YSU)
- An official report of Graduate Record Examination (General Test) scores completed within the past five years
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the applicant’s academic or professional background
- A letter of intent stating one’s professional goals and how graduate education in respiratory therapy will help fulfill said goals
Application requests should be forwarded to the School of Graduate Studies.