Full version | YSU Home | About YSU | Admissions | Faculty & Staff Directory | News | Calendars | A-Z Index
Bachelor of General Studies
Requirements for the Bachelor of General Studies Degree
- Students must meet all YSU graduation requirements including:
- A minimum of 124 semester hours
- A minimum 60 semester hours must be completed at the 2000 level or higher and 48 semester hours must be completed at the 3000 level or higher
- Residency requirements including:
- The last 30 hours taken at YSU
- A minimum of 21 upper division hours taken at YSU
- A minimum of 16 concentration hours taken at YSU
- Students must fulfill all of the General Education Requirements
- Students must fulfill the following requirements for the General Studies concentration:
- At total of 48 semester hours
- A minimum of 24 semester hours must be at the 3000 level or higher
- Two focus areas of 18-24 hours each
- Optional support courses to bring the total to 48 s.h.
- All work in the concentration area must be completed with a grade of “C” or better
- Two cultural courses
©2011 YSU College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences. All rights reserved.
YSU College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences • One University Plaza Youngstown, OH 44555 • 330-941-3409
Contact the CLASS Webmaster for questions, comments, or suggestions regarding the CLASS Web Site.