Dana School of Music Mission Statement
The Dana School of Music, as part of an urban research university, emphasizes a creative integrated approach to education, scholarship, and service. The Dana School of Music places students at its center; leads in the discovery, dissemination, and application of knowledge; advances musical and cultural development; and fosters collaboration to enrich the region and the world.
The Dana School of Music
- Creates diverse educational experiences that develop ethical, intellectually curious students who are invested in their communities
- Provides access to undergraduate programs in music education, music history & literature, music recording, theory/composition, performance, and performance (jazz emphasis)
- Provides access to graduate programs in conducting, jazz studies, music education, music history & literature, music performance music, and theory/composition
- Integrates teaching & learning, scholarship, and civic engagement
- Fosters understanding of diversity, sustainability, and global perspectives in music
- Advances the intellectual and cultural life of the city, region, and world
College of Fine and Performing Arts and its licensors. All rights reserved.
College of Fine and Performing Arts • One University Plaza Youngstown, OH 44555 • 330-941-3625
Contact Justin Edwards for questions, comments or suggestions.