YSU Home | About YSU | Admissions | Faculty and Staff | News | Calendars | A-Z Index
Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety
Motor Vehicle Accident
If you are involved in an accident, do the following:
- Stop at once! Check for personal injuries and request an ambulance if needed. Do not leave the scene. Ask for assistance of a bystander.
- Protect the scene. Set emergency flashers to prevent further injury or damage.
- Secure assistance of a Police Officer when possible. Record the name and badge number of the officer. If accident occurs on or near campus, call YSU Police at ext. 3527.
- Record names and addresses of all witnesses and occupants of involved vehicles. Record the vehicle license number.
- Do not argue! Make no statement except to proper authorities. Sign only official police reports. Do not plead guilty or admit fault.
- If you are driving a University-owned vehicle fill out the “ON THE SPOT” ACCIDENT REPORT which is found in the glove box of every University-owned vehicle.
- If you are driving a rental vehicle, these reports can be obtained from the Department of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety (EOHS) located in room 2046 Cushwa Hall or at ext. 3700.
- As soon as possible report the accident to EOHS at ext. 3700.
Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety • Phone: 330.941.3700 • Fax: 330.941.3798
© 2011 Youngstown State University • One University Plaza • Youngstown, Ohio 44555
Admissions: 330.941.2000 • Graduate Admissions: 330.941.3091 • General Information: 330.941.3000