An applicant will be evaluated for admission to the MBA program once all application materials are submitted to:
One University Plaza
Youngstown State University
Youngstown, Ohio 44555-3091
April 15th - Summer Semester
July 15th - Fall Semester
December 15th - Spring Semester
Application Requirements (http://www.ysu.edu/gradschool/pdf/Application_for_Admission_IPDF.pdf)
- Completed Application for Graduate Admission, printed legibly, typewritten or emailed to graduateschool AT ysu DOT edu accompanied with a $30 non-refundable application fee (submit to the Bursar’s Office).
- All applicants to the MBA program should submit a resume and a letter of application stating professional goals and objectives.
- Official transcripts from each college or institution attended, except YSU; transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to the School of Graduate Studies. Failure to report all previous university attendance may result in cancellation of the application or dismissal. Personal copies of transcripts are not acceptable.
- Official score report of performance on the Graduate Managements Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) sent directly to the School of Graduate Studies.
- International Students Only - Official copy of TOEFL score report sent directly to the School of Graduate Studies.
Upon review of the student’s transcript and GMAT or GRE score by the MBA Coordinator and MBA Director, a recommendation regarding the student’s acceptance will be made to the Graduate Dean. The Graduate Dean will notify the student of the admission decision.
The MBA Program is open to qualified men and women who show promise of success in graduate business study. Prior academic work in business subjects is not required for admission into the program.
Registration: New graduate students are required to meet the MBA Coordinator before completing registration. Current graduate students are e-mailed the MBA schedule of classes prior to the registration period and schedule their classes via the YSU website. The advisor for the MBA students is the MBA Coordinator. Students are responsible for adhering to the policies, procedures, and course prerequisites or outlined in the Graduate Bulletin and other MBA program documents.
A registered student who wishes to change his/her registration may do so through the first week of classes. Changes can be made via the YSU website, or in person at the Registrar’s Office. No student may add a course for credit or audit after the eleventh calendar day of the semester term. Withdrawal from a course must be accomplished through the change of registration procedure.
Applications & Registration Information (printer friendly)