YSU’s Graduate Assistant Program
Students who plan to enroll full-time in the MBA Program are eligible to apply for a Graduate Assistantship. This is an excellent experience for qualified graduate students who wish to broaden their academic base.
Graduate assistants are assigned to instructional, research, and/or other academic duties as determined by the department in which the assistant is appointed. Graduate assistantships, which require a 20-hour commitment each week during the academic year, are available in:
- Lariccia School of Accounting/Finance
- Department of Management
- Department of Marketing
- Ohio Small Business Development Center at Youngstown State University
- Office of the Dean
- Williamson College of Businees Adminstration Student Services
Benefits afforded a graduate assistant include:
- A stipend of $7500 and remission of instructional fees, including the nonresident tuition surcharge, for up to 12 semester hours per semester.
- Participation in faculty research and instructional activities
- Association with faculty members on a one-to-one basis
- Close associations with other graduate students
- Access to a variety of professional development opportunities
Normally, assistantships are awarded for a period of two semesters, beginning with the fall semester. To remain eligible for the assistantship, an appointee must perform his/her duties satisfactorily and maintain good academic standing. An appointee must maintain enrollment in at least 18 semester hours of degree credit course work for the regular academic year and not fewer than (9) hours of degree credit course work for any one semester.
Graduate Assistant/Intern Option
A special category of graduate assistants provides opportunities for University departments, local companies, or other external sponsors to involve graduate students as graduate assistants/interns in professional experiences related to their field of study.
- Completed Application for Graduate Admission, accompanied with a $30 non-refundable application fee.
- All applicants to the MBA program should submit a resume and a letter of application stating professional goals and objectives.
- Official transcripts from each college or institution attended, except YSU.
- Official score report of performance from the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- Official copy of TOEFL – International Students only.
Application Deadlines for MBA Program:
July 15 – Fall Semester
December 15 – Spring Semester
April 15 – Summer Semester
Review of Graduate Assistantship applications begins April 15 and continues until positions are filled.
For more information, please contact:
Monique Bradford at 330-941-3069
mrbradford AT ysu DOT edu
Graduate Assistant Information