If someone is ill or injured and requires assistance:
- Call YSU Police at (330)941-3527 or by dialing 911 from a campus phone. If an ambulance is needed, tell the dispatcher at the beginning of your conversation.
- Give the dispatcher the following information:
- The location of the person. Include the building and the room number.
- The illness or injury of the person.
- Whether the person is conscious.
- Any other information that is known, such as existing health conditions.
- Do not hang up until you are told to do so by the dispatcher.
- Administer first aid if you have the proper training.
- Do not move the person.
- Assure the person that help is on the way.
- Remain on the scene until the Police arrive to give any further information they may require.